Express courier service in Barcelona | DIR
When we often think of a logistics company, what it come into mind are trucks and international destinations. We tend to forget what their services really are. At DIR Logistics, Express Transport, Courier, Parcel and E-commerce Services we are a company that, although we offer national and international services, our flagship product is the express courier service in Barcelona. Our company was founded 25 years ago in this city and the layout of the metropolitan area is as familiar as the palm of our hand.
Why is an express courier service so important in Barcelona?
In a city whose metropolitan area houses 3, 2 million people and 52% of the GDP of the entire autonomous community of Catalonia concentrates on its 632 km, it is obvious that the existence of a good express courier service in Barcelona is essential. That is why two of our hubs are located in two strategic points of the city. This allow us a significant cost savings in both displacement and the use of lighter vehicles that require lower fuel consumption. You can find us at:
At calle Cobalt 75, l’Hospitalet de Llobregat, where our headquarters and offices are located
At calle dels Rajoles, 3, Barcelona very close to Sants station (Sants Estació in Catalan), which is a key intersection for the transport of goods in Barcelona.
Within the Free Economic Zone (Parque Logístico de Zona Franca in Spanish), at number 15, we have 3000m2 of storage.
Due to the orography of its terrain and its street, the city of Barcelona allows us to tackle express courier services in many different ways:
- DIR Walkers (DIR Andarines in Spanish): Delivery on foot for low geographic dispersion areas and high concentration of companies.
- DIR Bicycle (DIR Bicicleta in Spanish): Besides being a sustainable and economical mean, the bicycle is a perfect mode of transportation to make interurban deliveries for its speed and capacity to avoid urban traffic.
- DIR Moto: Our deliverers perfectly formed in road safety use motorbikes of small and large cubicles to make delivery both in the city and in their outskirts.
- DIR Van (DIR Furgoneta in Spanish): One of the best options for B2B (business to business) services, since they allow the displacement of a fairly high volume of goods in a fast and adapted way to the client, since it does not depend so much on closed schedules. The fact that it is a wide and closed box and not having to travel long distances ensures a fast shipment free of alterations.
- DIR Truck (DIR Camión in Spanish): For a large volume of courier or shared courier. We have trucks and trailers ranging from 3,000 to 10,000kg of cargo.